A University-driven community partnership providing early stage companies with the enabling tools, training and infrastructure to create financially stable high growth/impact enterprises.
Since its founding in Oct. 1999, the UCF Business Incubation Program (UCFBIP) has helped more than 300 emerging companies (including over 130 current clients) create over $500 million in annual revenue and more than 3200 new jobs with an average salary of $59,000. With nine opened current locations across 4 counties in Central Florida, the Business Incubation Program is a collaboration in economic development between UCF, the city of Apopka, Orange County, the City of Orlando, Seminole County, the City of Winter Springs, the City of Sanford, Osceola County, the city of St. Cloud, the city of Kissimmee, Volusia County, and the Florida High Tech Corridor Council.
The UCF Business Incubation Program now consists of over 126,510 square feet of opened office/lab space spread over 9 locations:
- UCF Business Incubator - Apopka, located at the intersection of SR 436/SR 441
- UCF Business Incubator - Central Florida Research Park, adjacent to the UCF campus in East Orlando
- UCF Business Incubator - Daytona Beach International Airport - located at the US Customs terminal at the Daytona Beach International Airport.
- UCF Business Incubator - Kissimmee, right at the Kissimmee City Center
- UCF Business Incubator - Orlando, close to the Executive Airport
- UCF Business Incubator - Photonics UCF Campus, located at CREOL on the UCF Campus
- UCF Business Incubator - Sanford is found right on 1st Street
- UCF Business Incubator - St. Cloud is in the Stevens Plantation Business Park
- UCF Business Incubator - Winter Springs is in the Vistawilla Office Center Building on East S.R. 434 at the 417 on/off ramp
The UCF Business Incubation Program provides a variety of services such as:
- Mentoring and advising in all aspects of business development and growth including business and strategic planning, legal counsel, accounting/tax, human resources, government contracting, strategic partnerships, marketing and PR, financing, grant preparation, insurance and risk management,
- Access to experienced entrepreneurs,
- Access to market research, business plan/business pitch preparation coaching at the UCF Venture Lab,
- Educational programs,
- Marketing & PR support,
- Networking opportunities with peer groups, area professionals, University faculty, and support organizations,
- Adaptable space and flexible leases in several locations in the Orlando area,
- Shared reception, office equipment, conference rooms, and other support services.
The UCF Business Incubation Program provides client companies with the experience and insight needed to create successful companies through relationships it has created with its network of experienced entrepreneurs, professional service providers, economic development partners, small business service providers, university experts as well as a dedicated staff.
With the wealth of talent and resources developed by UCF and the benefits of its prime locations, the UCF Business Incubation Program is making a significant contribution to the economic development of the region. Combined with efforts by other organizations such as: The National Entrepreneur Center; SBDC at UCF ; UCF Venture Lab ; UCF Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation, the Florida High Tech Corridor Council; the Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission, and many others, the region is already recognized as one of the nation's premier locations for developing high growth/impact enterprises.